Monday, April 20, 2009

Greetings from sunny, warm Siesta Key.

I'm delighted to report that prints of two of my paintings are now available for purchase at Hurricane Rita's in Siesta Village. The two prints are of beach chairs as I pictured them on the white sands of Siesta Beach. I know that every time I walk out to the beach, I can just feel my blood pressure dropping and I get that "AHHHH, Siesta" feel. I hope these remind you of that wonderfully soft, fine, white sand of Siesta Beach and you picture yourself just relaxing in one of these chairs.


















*
I painted the first one (with three beach chairs) several years ago, and just loved the colors of the sky reflected in the water, and the palm trees swaying. At the time I painted it, in the early spring, some of the decorative palms along the beach were putting out wonderfully bright orange fruits, so I just had to add that to the scene.


*
















*
The second one (with two beach chairs and the straw hat) was just painted several months ago. It was part of a study of adirondack beach chairs and I adapted it to what I see on Siesta Beach every day...and added the ever present sandpipers and sea gulls.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment