Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ballroom Dancers

Ballroom dancing is hotter than ever, with all the dance shows now airing on TV. My husband and I are among an increasing number of couples who are taking up ballroom dancing as both a nice way to spend an evening together and a way to get some enjoyable exercise. So, though I really prefer to paint landscapes, I have done several paintings of dancers.


This group of paintings are from my Dance Series completed in 2007. The first three are inspired directly by paintings of Jack Vettriano and may look familiar.
.
.

"Dancers on the Beach 1" by CB Woodling, c. 2007

.
.
"Dancers on the Beach 2" by CB Woodling, c 2007

.
.
"Dancers on the Beach 3" by CB Woodling, c. 2007

.
.

The following two paintings were inspired by photos of actual ballroom dancers. The elegant body lines and dramatic costumes really captured my interest.


"Dancers 1" by CB Woodling, c. 2007

.
.
"Dancers 2" by CB Woodling, c. 2007



I hope you enjoyed these and remember some fun times you may have had on the dance floor, even if you've only done ballroom dancing in your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment