Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rubber Town Rubber Duck Derby

Akron, Ohio was one of the waystops on the old "Ohio and Erie Canal", which ceased operation about a century ago.  Lucky for us, the towpath of the old canal has been reclaimed over the past decade to become a wonderful bike/hike trail running through most of Ohio.  Akron's Mustill Store was one of the stops on the canal and just celebrated the tenth anniversary of its renovation and re-opening as a historic site by sponsoring an art festival and rubber duck derby.  How appropriate for the "Rubber Town" to have a "Rubber Duck Derby".  :) 

I had a booth at Akron's Cascade Locks Canal Day Art Festival and Duck Derby, my first adventure into outdoor festival tents!  I count it a great success because 1) the tent stayed up 2) we were able to hang the paintings so they stayed up securely and 3) my husband and I were still speaking at the end of the day!  And the bonus:   I sold some of my art!  Local pictures seemed to be the key to sales, and my best sellers were four "Duck Derby Series" paintings I completed just for this event.  So here they are...The Derby Ducks!

"Yankee Doodle Ducky" by CB Woodling, c 2010


"Win and Place" by CB Woodling, c.2010


"Show" by CB Woodling, c 2010


"Derby Duck" by CB Woodling, c. 2010

And here's a photo of my booth at the art festival.  Cheers!  Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment